Friday, July 29, 2011

Quick pic for Steve, and have a great weekend, y'all


Steve's gigantic (>25" toptube, 21" seat tube, that's big...Steve is one of the only people I know who actually runs a saddle significantly higher than me - and that includes lots of my 6'6" tall friends!) 4" travel 29er, shown here complete, but without the shock or fiddly bits bolted on. Notably, I did NOT use my kinked seat tube design on this frame, because Steve needed *longer* chainstays than stock, rather than my usual super-short ones, so there was no need to do any funny manipulation.

Should be a fun bike for New Mexico, assuming the forests ever open back up.

Have a great weekend, y'all! Oh, and for everyone with a frame at the powdercoater, I'll be picking them up (and hopefully shipping them out) on Monday. We have been fighting some flux removal problems with the new stripping/blasting guy up there, so I am implementing a more aggo flux-removal process here to try to stop all these bikes from having to be re-shot. Hopefully it will help!

2 comments:

Eric Wever said...

Please tell the class a little about why Steve needs a longer than stock chainstay length and why someone else may need a standard or shorter...

Anonymous said...

As Steve's seat tube gets longer, his saddle moves further back. His butt moves with it, and so does his center of gravity. At some point (admittedly, Steve would be about thirteen feet tall) his CG would be behind the rear axle and the bike would fall over backwards before he could ride anywhere.