Thursday, June 23, 2011
Some pictures for Joel - slow progress
Sarah had some (minor, don't freak out, she's fine) eye surgery today which ended up requiring me to serve as sort of a nurse/personal secretary. And I had to ride out to Costco to pick up a few things, so the long and short of it is that I did not get that much work done.
Oh, and for those who are curious, which I'm guessing is about zero, I was once again the definition of packfill in yesterday's short track - 14th of 27 racers. Given that I raced with no warmup, no knowledge of the course, and a bum knee, I'm ok with that. Of course, with none of those excuses, it was exactly the same result as 2 weeks ago... sigh.
But anyway, Joel. I mitered up all the front triangle tubes and the chainstays (seatstays are always the last step for me). Some of these tubes/miters are cleaned up and ready to weld (mainly the toptube) but most are as yet not clean or even deburred. No matter how good your mitering setup is, you always end up doing at least a little hand filing to make things perfect and to deburr.
The marks on the tubes are the butts - always good to check those before doing any mitering, let alone any welding. I learned that the hard way (the standard way I seem to learn lessons) early on - sometimes the specs the manufacturer gives you are wrong - so you gotta measure everything and not take anything for granted.