Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Patience, grasshopper...


So, if any of you needs advice about what to do when you want to go to the dirt jumps, but UPS hasn't shown up with your snazzy new kneepads yet, I can only say this: do not wear really baggy shorts that will get caught on your saddle on your first run down the "small" line, causing you to auger in on your knee and bleed all over the place.

And try to not smash your head into the wall too many times when you see the BTI box on your porch when you finally limp home.

I assume Will (Mr. UPS) dropped the pads off right about the exact time I was trying to put my knee through the final step-up.

To continue my run of idiocy, I then rushed out to race the short track (maybe my knee won't stiffen up if I go race!) - but that's another story.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Sorry about your knee Walt. I have those same pads and like them alot. They're comfortable and they've saved me a few times.