Friday, March 17, 2023

Screw it! I'm restarting the blog!


 Nobody is reading, I'm sure, but what the heck. I went looking for recipes today (TL;DR - the kids hate all the food I like) and realized that I liked the blog a lot better than my stupid IG account. 

So, anyway, it's been 8 years. I have 3 kids now. I live in Breckenridge (which might be the unfriendliest place I've ever lived - we're moving on this summer) instead of Park City. I kinda sorta retired from bike building but I still do build bikes just slower especially when the skiing or bike riding is good. I coach skiing. I'm heavier and slower and older than I used to be but I still love the heck out of riding bikes.

Maybe soon I'll do another recipe but with young kids it's been a lot of mac n' cheese and veggie fake chicken strips and such for quite a while. Less alcohol gets consumed these days, too, so drunken rants may be few and far between. 

The bike industry is still just as silly as ever. For 2 years during Covid everyone said, "When this ends there's gonna be a metric f-ton of too much bike parts and bikes!"

Then they went and ordered 1000 extra sets of AXS and got them all right at the same time as everyone on earth realized the bike they already have seems fine for a few more years. 

Yeah. Don't call it a comeback...


No comments: