Monday, August 20, 2012

Ready for Winter

Guillaume finally got his fatbike built up and sent over a picture with a nice note. Pretty sick build - I bet this fatbike is lighter than a lot of "normal" mountain bikes that I've owned!


Hi Walt!

I rencently had the change to FINALY ride my fat bike!

I just wanted to let you know that I am really happy with the handling and everything

Heres a pictures of the bike and the specs:

Frame: Waltworks
Fork: Carver Bikes O'Beast carbon
Headset: Cane Creek 110
Stem: Truvativ Stylo T40
Handlebar: Truvativ Noir T40
Grips: Random foamy grips
Brakes: Avid XX
Shifter: Sram TT900 with Paul Components thumbie
Seatpost: Truvativ Noir T40
Saddle: Fizik Tundra 00
Bottom bracket: Phil Wood Titanium
Crankset: Middleburn Uno 34t
Pedals: Look Quartz Ti
Chain: Ultegra 6700
Cassette: Sram XX 11-32t
Wheelset: 616 Fab hubs, Bonz 47mm rims, Sapim Laser spokes, Surly Larry light 3,8" tires
Rear derailleur: Sram XX Medium cage
Chain guide: Paul Components Chain Keeper

2 comments:

onlyontwo said...

When I dream of owning a fat bike, this is basically what I envision...Albeit with less spendy shifty bits and stoppers. Turned out bitchin'.

What does that beast weigh in at?

Cheers,
Andy

onlyontwo said...

Wow, that thing turned out bitchin!

When I dream of a fat bike, that is basically what I envision...Albeit with a little less spendy shifty bits and stoppers.

What does that beast weigh in at?

Cheers,
Andy