Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Best Laid Plans

I really wanted to have a lot of stuff done before Sarah and I (and Pele - it will be an exciting holiday!) head up to Estes for Thanksgiving with the fam-in-law:
-Kurt's frame
-Prepping/packing/shipping Stu's frame/fork
-Finishing up some forks and other little stuff
-Wrangling Mohawk's mangled hanger back into shape
-Probably lots of other things I've now forgotten

But, at 9pm, looking down the barrel of being a stressed out jerk for Thanksgiving, or alternately finishing stuff this weekend or next week, I opted to come inside, write a quick blog post (with a *terrible* picture, even by my low standards), drink a beer, and call it a day.

Of course, I think I quoted Kurt 6 months and it hasn't been even 4 yet, but once I set myself a goal (even a little one) I often have a hard time letting go of it. I do deliberately try to quote really conservative wait times - because I don't want to be that "he quotes you 3 weeks and it takes 3 years" framebuilder. But it still rankles when things don't come together the way I want - even if they're ahead of schedule.

Anyway. Kurt's bike is a pretty sweet 4" travel FS setup:
-71 HTA, 73 STA
-18" seat tube, 29" standover
-24" effective toptube
-13.6" BB (unsprung)
-45cm/17.7" chainstays
-For a tapered Fox TALAS 120/95 (it'll be 71 HTA at 95mm, and more like 69.5 at 120 travel)
-Awesomely brazeon and cable-stop free, because I didn't get to that yet

I am aware that it's weird to use a perfectly good DHX Air as a dummy shock to hold the shock mounts where I want them for tacking.

In any case, happy Thanksgiving to everyone, and I'll rap at ya this weekend.

No comments: