Thursday, September 08, 2011

Done with Willie!


Long and low - Willie's got a 24.8" toptube but only 18.5" seat tube and a pretty short (~4") head tube. Why? Ape arms!

It's also got short-ish (425mm) chainstays and a moderately high BB for Willie's long cranks, but plenty of standover.

Non-suspension corrected rigid fork, sliders, singlespeed only - this is a hardcore bike. In fact, probably too hardcore for me, these days. I'm a suspension sissy more and more - though if I lived somewhere a bit less rocky, I might reconsider.

Willie also kept it old school by requesting/demanding *single bend* chain and seatstays. Whew! Takes me back to, say, 2008 or so!

Just kidding. Almost everyone wants s-bends these days, though. I almost didn't remember how to do the single bends!

2 comments:

Willie C said...

Walt

Looks awesome Walt!!! I'm itching bad to ride it!! Thanks!!!!

Willie C.

Hermione Granger's Wand said...

Scratch that itch!

That's what I'm having Walt build me after I end my affair with Harry's old Firebolt.