Tuesday, May 05, 2009

We have a weiner!

Erm, I mean winner.

Blake, step up to the podium (well, metaphorically, anyway) - you've won the prestigious design contest!

I'm not going to go into too many details about why I chose the way I did, but briefly, Blake's entry is professional looking but still fun, easy to understand, and the right shape to fit well on a bike frame tube. It plays nicely off of the old WW logo while adding something new. Great work!

I'll do my best to have these in production in the next few weeks and they'll start going on bikes as soon as the guys at Victory Circle graphics can make them (btw, Blake, send me a vector-format version if you could).

I'm also giving an honorable mention/runner up award to Sandy - I thought her entry was the most purely creative and interesting, though it also requires a bit too much explanation. I don't have enough customers (or possibly any?) fluent in American Sign Language, or you would have won, Sandy!

Blake, I'll be discounting your frame (which I'll be building soon!) as your prize. Sandy, you've got a 10% discount available if you want to use it, anytime for the next year.

Thanks to everyone for their excellent entries.

4 comments:

Jay Dub said...

Are you going to leave the receding hairline in the official version.

;) ;) :D

Dave said...

Excellent choice. That was the one I liked best... which, of course, means squat.

But props to the artist!

brado1 said...

Congrats Blake! Nice work.

:P

b.asti said...

great visual solution Blake and a great choice Walt

I ám not that a visual realisation guy, I more into words. Therefore I don´t send you any suggestions, although I tried out something in privat. It all looks shit to me, but at the very beginning of my trial and error I came up with a slogan that might had been interesting within a visual solution like Blakes:

Solar works for waltworks
The Sun works for waltworks


Somethig alike this. Feel free to use it. I like it a lot more than anything "fabrication" not only because it is my suggestion but because every time I read "Fabrication" in a bikerelated contest it reminds me of a another and certainly quite strong brand ,-)

Nothing that should really bother you, but something one could be aware of and that is possible to avoid.

btw: Rody is right about the hillclimb comp. ;-)

best wishes from zürich
b.asti