Friday, May 25, 2007

June 15th!

Keystone opens June 15th. I am insanely excited - check it out!

I hear rumors that the bike program actually made money last year, so they are going all out and building lots of new trails, hoping to become the Whistler of Colorado - the new "22 tabletops in a row" trail certainly sounds like a good A-line-ish start!

Sarah and I will probably buy passes - even if we don't go enough times to make it worthwhile, I'd like to support these guys for sticking their necks out and *building new downhill trails* - it's not something that happens much in our neck of the woods. If you like riding freeride or downhill trails, and you live in the front range, I think you should consider doing the same - it blows my mind that people will spend $5k on a V10 or some other fancy DH rig and then won't spend $50 on an IMBA membership or a few hundred dollars for a season pass to a place like this. For me, I'd rather have sweet trails and a crap bike, rather than a sweet bike and no decent trails.

For folks who aren't into the DH thing, keep in mind that Keystone has some really fun XC riding too - which can also be accessed via the chairlift if you so desire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The link to keystone is broken due to extra characters at the end. This is the link: http://keystone.snow.com/info/biking.downhill.asp

Walt said...

Thanks anon! Just fixed it...