Monday, July 02, 2012

A sad day...



Nick no longer has room to store my track bike, and with the Boulder Velodrome torn down and the imminent move to SLC, I have nowhere to ride it.

So, Barney has to go. He's for sale, for cheap cheap cheap. Want to use him as a cool fixie and ride around town upsetting the squares in their cars? Great. Want to go race on the track (assuming there's one near you)? Also fine with me.
Here are the details:
-74/74 head and seat tube angles
-11.6" BB height
-185mm head tube (1 1/8)
-55cm effective toptube, 585mm front-center
-59cm (to top of seat tube) seat tube, takes a 27.2 post
-38cm chainstays with the wheel all the way forward

Parts list:
FSA headset, Thomson 120mm X2 stem and elite post, ITM bar
Cheap square taper track cranks with 48t (I think) ring
Paul Components/Halo Track rim wheelset, with super cool 22c Tufo semi-tubular tires, all in great shape.

Note that I will only include the fork shown if you are ~150# or lighter (ie my size). If you're bigger (the frame is fine up to 250#) I will offer you a choice of a new custom steel fork or an Enve track fork, your call.

$1000, or make me any vaguely reasonable offer. The bike is in great shape and a fun snappy ride, I just don't have anywhere to ride it anymore. Happy to disassemble and ship, might be willing to sell the frame alone/part it out.

No comments: