Monday, May 31, 2010

On a lighter note...

I am back at the house taking care of Pele for a few minutes and reading some email - got this (name delete for privacy) and it made me laugh. For context, the fellow wanted a disc-specific, threaded steerer fork specifically to match his wife's "custom" cruiser bike, to be shipped abroad:

You are joking right ...............300 bucks for a fork ...........I don't have that much money in the whole build and i built me own wheels with a sram Imotion 9speed hub what are you smoking ???? for that money i will buy the feng shui jig and install a mount on my existing fork my self and then sell the jig again what is your fork made of unobtainium i will thank you for taking the time to reply to my email but that's all


Then, best of all, he felt the need to follow up his semi-incoherent email with this second one:

sorry i meant to say Phrunt Shui disc tab jig


Great stuff. Thanks for the smile, dude, I needed it today.

2 comments:

Feldy said...

Seems like he was some sort of pirate, too:

"...and i built me own wheels..."

me own?

Yaaaaarrrrr!

Hope all's as well as could be expected.

Roosterweight Cimmarien said...

How often do you get emails like this? I feel like i would never make it as a custom builder, because i would kindly request and address to mail their stuff too and airmail them a punch in the mouth.