Sunday, November 08, 2009

Track Day!

Yes, I went and rode a track bike. On the track. It was... interesting. Super, super fun for a couple of laps, then *really* boring for most of the rest of the time. I can see how you need to have some training goals or drills to work on to make it fun.

Unfortunately, there are no pictures of your humble narrator, so you'll have to content yourselves with Fuentes' ugly mug, plus our attempt at a paceline. RC leads it out.

I have to say that I was unbelieveably sore (partially from the fact that the cheapie rental bikes had slipping seatposts, partly because I'm not used to fixed gears, and partly because it's *freaking hard*) the next day, so I actually might consider doing it again. It would be great training for next year's short track races, I think.

1 comment:

Charlie Suthard said...

So, are you ready to build a track bike? Let me know when you are.