Friday, July 24, 2009

Back ... briefly

I have the following things to say about our trip (and no, there are no pictures, I did not bother to bring a camera):

-The riding in Western Mass is freakin' awesome. Earl's kicks ass, the DAR kicks ass, and the place we went that I can't remember the name of with all the weird crap nailed to trees and stuck on rocks kicks ass.

-I'm very glad the trails around Northhampton were dry.

-The dirt road riding in summertime in Vermont is the best on earth. If I lived there, I could just have a cyclocross bike and be pretty happy.

That's all I can think of to mention at the moment, but I'm in town for 5 days to do some work and get ready for the second half of the vacation - to Crested Butte. Sweet!

2 comments:

fomenter said...

damn, it pains me that I had yet to discover mt. biking back when I lived in Amherst...I'd love to hear more...

taryn said...

same complaint...glad to hear you enjoyed trails back around my old stomping grounds, even if I never knew about them when I lived there