Thursday, March 19, 2009

And I thought House of Leaves was weird...


I don't know if I can honestly recommend this book. It's one of the most compelling and engrossing things I've ever read, but I'm pretty sure I'll have nightmares about it, and I'm not sure if it was the right book to read on a depressing sick day for me when I should have been reading something fun and uplifting.

Geek Love. Imagine a Tom Robbins novel if it were written by Rob Zombie (assuming we combine the compelling aspects of their respective, erm... canons). So it's very good, but it's VERY messed up. That's all I can say, any further information will just ruin it for you.

Just don't read it when you're stuck inside with double pneumonia.

Also, I promise this will be my last sickness whining post. Bike stuff tomorrow, I pinky promise.

1 comment:

steve garro said...

that's a great book!! seriously. you should follow it up with Lesilie Marmon-Silco's Almanac Of the Dead........Steve.