Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Is it weird...

...that at our friend Cynthia's bike-geek party last night (BTW, great chili, C) Sarah and I were the only two people who rode our bikes?

It was 45 degrees, too. Not like, bitter cold, or raining, or anything. I figure riding around town is free training, personally. Plus I don't get stuck in traffic.

The WW/Fuentes team did a good job representing at the Mountain Sun, though - we had like 15 people at the table drinking stout, of whom at least 12 rode their bikes. I wish I'd had a camera to take a picture of the bike rack in front of the bar - a huge pile of our townies locked to one another completely randomly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're pretty much the most bad-ass team ever! :)

MikeQ said...

Definately. What those other XC squads don't know is just how fast you can ride after Mountain Sun happy hour. Altho glad I was only walking home after all the Budweiser at Lechners afterwards.

Walt that bike is plush. Am scared of it already.

taryn said...

Thanks to everybody who came out to answer my call for drinking partners - it's always nicer to drink with friends, especially those who provide brownies or a ride home afterward.

Walt said...

Yeah, we rule. RC, have you had a chance to ride that bike around at all yet? You should try to get some kind of test ride in before Spain.

Thanks to Taryn for the good idea!