Friday, July 11, 2008

Fillet brazing fun and a *job opening*

First off, no, the job opening isn't working for me. If anything, it's cooler - Avery is looking for a beer-geek lady to run the tasting room. You need to be friendly and knowledgeable about beer, and probably also able to fend off a lot of annoying beer geek guys (or not fend them off, it's up to you, I guess). Email me and I'll put you in touch with the relevant folks if you're interested. Sorry, guys, they're looking specifically for a woman.



Next up, a few random pictures of fillet brazing. I'm getting better at it (since the only things I ever fillet braze are brake bosses and bridges, it's not something I get a ton of practice with) and I was pretty happy with this set of bosses - really minimal filing required to make them nice and smooth. The second picture is after maybe 30 seconds of filing - I'll do a little more to smooth out the tiny pits and it'll be good to go.

1 comment:

heyjude said...

Hey Walt,

I think you were a stork in a previous life. Like the one in the Bugs Bunny cartoons... I feel like I should pass around a few cigars. A new bike has such a potential energy about it.

Fork looks great... it'll see a lot of pot-holed, gravely "road" rides followed by 30 mph, 3.000 foot descents - Humboldt county "training" rides. My favorite rides of the year.

Jude