Friday, February 15, 2008

Dave's Stem


Dave, thankfully, is a patient guy. He's been waiting for some stems and forks for a while, and I've only done half (one stem, one fork) of the work so far. I'm a slacker, I know. But hey, he lives in freakin' Michigan, and it'll be another month or two before the mercury gets above zero, so he can afford to be patient.

I've decided that I'm going to start officially offering these stems for sale - $125 gets you a custom stem in any size/length/clamp type you'd like. Only available for frame or fork customers, though - I'm not selling stems by themselves.

This one came out pretty nicely - basic single bolt clamp at both ends, 105mm long, nice 1.1mm OX platinum material for the extension (lighter AND stronger than using .049"/1.25mm 4130, dudes). 150 grams even, before powdercoating, and super beefy. It's taken about a half dozen stems to get to this point, as well as some helpful pointers from framebuilder friends (props to Shiggy, especially, for hardware recommendations), but I'm pretty happy now.

Enjoy your weekends, everyone!

No comments: