Thursday, August 23, 2007
Natalie's pink singlespeed
Ok, maybe this isn't that interesting, but I thought it was a nice picture. This is a frame that I originally was building as Sarah's new race bike for this year. But thanks to some big-time stupidity, I managed to set the head tube height on the fixture wrong, and so I hung the front triangle on the wall and started over - doh. As luck would have it, our good friend Natalie in Tucson can ride a bike that's almost exactly the same toptube length and bar height (albeit with a lower saddle) as Sarah. So one thing led to another, I finished the bike up with some Paul dropouts and a few geometry tweaks to make things ride right, and Natalie has a new frame. Best of all, I have one less potential yard ornament taking up space in the garage.