I like the part where James warns about burning out your food processor motor. That's a proper WW style recipe!
• 1-2+ medium to Lg cloves garlic peeled
• 1-2+ tsp salt
• 1 reg size can Chick Peas / garbanzo beans (drained & rinsed)
• 1-2+ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1-2+ Tbsp Tahini - ground up sesame seed paste (can buy in bulk bin from central market or Whole Foods. Small jars are good too, but there's one in a metal can that is not worth it).
• 1 lemon - juiced, can include pulp
• Water as needed for desired viscosity
• substitute chick peas with black beans & lime juice in place of lemon juice
• Or 1/2 of both beans
• Can add stuff like sun dried tomatoes, basil...
• A bag of dried chick peas or black beans equals 4 cans of beans, cook in slow cooker
• 1/4 tsp cumin per can of beans adds some flavor
• put garlic & salt in food processor & chop fine
• Add all other ingredients
• Blend till desired smoothness, may need to pulse food processor so your motor doesn't over heat.
• Pour into a bowl, drizzle evoo on top, sprinkle with paprika
• Serve chilled with veggies, chips, crackers, Arabic bread...
Since the mixture can be thick, it's easy to overheat a food processor & thus bust the motor.
In other news here's a 36er, first one in a couple years. Seems the "craze" has ended... more on the PITA fork some other time.